NikeShoeBot (NSB) was one of the first sneaker bots available to the public years ago. It started out as, appropriately enough, a Nike Bot. Now it supports footsites (Footlocker, Footaction, Champs and Eastbay) Supreme, Adidas, Yeezy Supply and Shopify sites with support for Nike coming soon. The developers wanted to concentrate on the footsite and shopify platforms because so many sites use these platforms. Additionally they added Supreme support to boot which makes NSB a true All-In-One Bot. There are hundreds of sites that NSB will work on because they have conquered the Shopify platform.
NSB has an active Discord for support and advice on upcoming drops. When you buy the bot you will get access to the Discord. This is great for beginners because you aren't in the dark with just your new bot. The Discord is full of users and staff that can give you setup advice and support when you need it. NSB is also constantly updating to adjust to changes that happen on websites. They seem to be one of the first ones to push out an update when a bug change has been made to shopify or footsite platforms. The devs for NSB are some of the best in the game!
How to bot Adidas with NikeShoeBot (NSB)
On this page, we will be showcasing a few tips and tricks when it comes to botting Adidas with NikeShoeBot. Having the bot alone is not enough, you definitely need some guidance on what works with certain websites, in this case we will be talking about Adidas. We will be covering restock tips, release tips & some summary tips for Adidas. We highly recommend watching the video above so you can visually see the things we mention on this post, however, you can also read up on what we mention on this page too.
NikeShoeBot (NSB) – Task Setup
When it comes to your task setup with NikeShoeBot when botting Adidas, there is a few things that you should keep in mind when creating your tasks. Applying these tips and tricks to your setup will definitely increase your chances of success when it comes to acquiring hyped releases from Supreme with NikeShoeBot. You can view the information below:
- You should try to run as many tasks as possible given the more the tasks you run, the higher chance you will have of passing the queue. However, keep in mind that you should maintain a ratio of 2 tasks to 1 proxy or less for an effective setup.
- During these releases, only run your tasks when the stock is live, the queue going live is not an indication to begin your tasks. If you start your tasks before the stock goes live, you're wasting your resources as no one can checkout without the stock being live. Typically staff within the NSB Discord will alert you when stock is live or if you're in a cookgroup, they will let you know when stock is live if they cover that type of information.
- If you're unsure if your billing profile is going to work, you can enable the “Browser Checkout” option in the task creation process so you can manually checkout the item once your task passes the queue.
- Make sure to check our captcha solver every 10 minutes so you have the ability to continue solving captchas during the release.
- If you run into issues with the auto checkout process with your tasks, you can utilize the “Browser Checkout” to complete the checkout manually.
NikeShoeBot (NSB) – Summary Tips
When it comes to Shopify botting with NikeShoeBot (NSB), you should keep in mind the following things:
- You should generate cookies prior to the release by using the generator mode on the site you wish to generate cookies for.
- Ensure you have good proxies for your generators as you cannot generate without proxies. Datacenter proxies are the best if they are not banned on the site.
- When it comes to generating Cookies, try generating on one site at a time for the best results.
- If you have not generated Cookies prior to the release, run for the release and the on-demand cookie generator will fetch cookies when the task requires it.
- To pass the queue you need at least a 0.7 score on your Captcha solvers. A 0.9 score is preferable and that is the score you should always aim for.
- When it comes to the accounts being used on your Captcha solvers, ensure you have a good collection of Gmail account paired with good proxies for the best scores.
- Check the v3 scores of your Captcha solvers every 5 to 10 minutes during the release, if a solver dips below a score of 0.7 switch the proxy to see if that improves the score. If it does not improve the score, turn off that solver and stick to the solver with the better scores.
- If you run into a issue where you solvers are stuck on waiting for captcha, press CNTRL + R to refresh the solver, this can possibly fix the issue.
- If all the accounts being used by your solvers are below 0.7, log out of all the accounts and use the solvers without accounts, pair them with good proxies and you should be able to get a 0.7 score.
When it comes to Support for the NikeShoeBot, we do have have an overview video for the bot on our channel which can be found here, however, they do also have a Discord server that has an excellent support team ready to help you with any questions you may have. Whether you're a newcomer or an experienced individual in the community, NSB is ready to support you.